top of page
  • jessica97374

Do you need to see a pelvic floor therapist?

Well let's start with...what on earth is a pelvic floor therapist? ​​​​​​​​


This, my friends, is the question I get asked most often. I think I have come up with a simple way to describe it, think of me as the plumber to your parts, more specifically your private parts. My job is to find the problem (dysfunction) and fix it. This may involve, clogging and unclogging, changing out parts, cleaning off rust, smoothing things out, tightening, loosening, pulling, pushing, and making sure the correct things are going in and coming out.. (all metaphorically of course, but you get the drift.) ​​​​​​​​

So how then does a pelvic floor therapist who deals with all the private parts differ from a urologist, gynecologist, physical/occupational therapist, proctologist, or chiropractor (to name a few)?? Well, the job of the pelvic plumber is to take the findings from these specialties and begin to put the puzzle pieces together. The thing about private parts and the pelvis is that they play a role in or have an effect on all the other systems of the body. Oftentimes where the issue presents itself is not where the actual problem is. My job is to find the root of the problem and as we resolve that problem ensure that the rest of the body/systems are responding and adapting to the changes being made to it. ​​​​​​​​

So what exactly are the parts you are looking at?? It is essential that we identify which parts we are talking about. This is not the same thing as gender. Having specific parts comes with different responsibilities and in the upcoming posts I will try to help navigate what parts the plumber is looking at.​​​​​​​​


Love, Jess ❤️​​​​​​​​

Your Pelvic Plumber 🗜⚙️​​​​​​​​

The Private Parts Specialist 🍆🍑

8 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page